Thursday, September 1, 2011

Some of the things we saw or stopped to see on the way.


There were lots of windmill farms to see all along the way. I have already shown you the burried cars. The green giant I believe I also already talked about. The bulls head was just something we saw on the side of the road. The itty-bitty dinosaur we were planning on stopping to see but we were too tired and just got the best picture we could. I believe there is actually a guy walking the dinosaur. We were driving like mad to make it to Dave and Tanya's and I saw the signs for Dorothy's House and made a split second decision to stop and see it. Why the Tin Man had no hands, I don't know. The mountain is Shiprock in NM, we all thought it was cool looking with the empending storm.

As for the Four Corners. I have lived in Utah my entire life and have never been there. I was determined to make sure that we stopped there on this trip. :( I knew that there was construction but if we got there during the right hours we could at least see it. It was the first day of driving and Henry learned really quickly that mom and dad didn't want him to have an accident in the car so we would just have him go on the side of the road. Apparently he thought that was really cool because we had to stop several times. So between this and the time we had to stop because Libby got car sick, we got there 10 minutes too late. :(
Posted by Picasa

No comments: