Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Help

I just finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I can't wait to see the movie. I had started reading it but not enough to get into it so it sat on my nightstand for a while. But this week I picked it up again and couldn't put it down.

I don't know what to say about it other than it was good, I want to own the movie-once I see it, and I love learning about that time period.

Also, I need to be better about remembering that everyone is equal. I often judge people on what I see them do when I don't know their story. Someone shared something on Facebook recently about how you don't know the whole story. My friend who shared it said something along the lines of: my house is messy and not well decorated, but I am doing the best I can.
I agree, my house is messy and I am also really not good at decorating it (orange kitchen). But my kids are fed, happy, and learning.

I have come away think I need to make sure I notice my kids so they know I love them.

And remember: You is Kind, You is Smart, You is Important!

1 comment:

kt said...

We managed to do it again. ;)

Mom gave me her copy when we were down this summer and I just finished it. I agree, I can't wait for it to be on video so I can see the movie, I've heard nothing but good things.