This last weekend we went up to Heber City for a Gibson Family Reunion. We learned a lot about the many James' in the family and got to know each other better and had a lot of fun. I am putting all of the pictures in the slide show so I don't have to upload them twice. If you have questions let me know!
We did do a kids talent show! Wow! We have some very talented kids in our family. Matt composed a song using Garage Band. Awesome Dude! Megann sang a solo as did Libby. Davey and Lilli sang with their parents. Henry made his pig noise, I was just proud that he was willing to perform in front of everyone.
We also played Gib-ardy, (Jeopardy). There was a short one for the kids and then a full blown version for the adults! Awesome job Jon and Monica, or as he would say, "Good Job Bud." Jon was our game show host and Monica spent an hour and a half interviewing EVERYONE to get the answers. It was awesome. Tom and Liz kicked our butts though.
Dave and Tanya did a treasure hunt for the kids, it was great. Libby was still pretending to look for clues hours later. She would make them up and go pretend to find them. I am so proud of her. At the end Mike did a presentation about where the Gibson family comes from. Very interesting stuff.
Liz did a fun craft with the kids. They decorated visors. Libby was at the table the longest and her hat was the most elaborately decorated. She was planning ahead what she was going to use. She amazes me. They all had so much fun doing that. Henry made his but wouldn't wear it, he made Mike wear it.
Jon and Monica organized it all and did a fabulous job. Since the Gibson family is Irish it was decorated for St. Patty's day! They even made a shirt for everyone. Henry's was the best, it had a dinosaur on it. And they put on all the shirts "I *Shamrock* Jim" They are awesome.
There was a black Lab that showed up in the back yard. Matt had a lot of fun playing with him.
If I have forgotten something let me know I and I will post my thought on it!
1 comment:
Sounds like lots of fun, and lots of work.
Yay, Libby and Henry! I'm amazed they were willing to get up and perform for everyone like that. Did you prep them at all?
Sounds like Libby, remember her Blue's Clues phase? It was so cute.
Can't wait to see the pictures (there's one of her hat, right?)!
Post a Comment