Monday, July 11, 2011

We are such Dorks

Dork Diaries 3: Tales from a Not-So-Talented Pop Star


They had the new dork diaries book at the store, so i let Libby get it. She was so excited she started reading in the car
She wants to play with a friend and read her book but I told her she couldn't until she finished her chores. I go out there, she is reading instead of working. Sounds like something I would have done. :D I hate punishing them for reading. Just seems backwards.

2 comments:

kt said...

I haven't even heard of this series.

You're not actually punishing her for reading, you're teaching her priorities and that there's times that even though reading is a great thing that it's not exactly appropriate.

Haven't you had kids reading during a lesson at work?

Yeah. Doesn't help you feel any better, does it?

Unknown said...

And last night, I had to "confiscate" a book she had hidden from me when I went in to check on her.