Just an update for all of you who haven't heard yet: Henry has the fabulous joy of wearing an eye patch for 4 hours a day until his surgery on July 18. It would have been sooner but we scheduled all of our trips when they could do it! The surgery has an 85% success rate so hopefully he only has to have it once. My poor baby. Please remember him in your prayers.
2 comments:
Yes, I came back to an old entry to leave a comment. Does this break some blogging etiquette or protocol of some sort? Oops? I just wanted to keep on subject.
I have to wonder, what have you been telling Henry about all of this? With about two weeks to go how are you all doing with the concept here?
With the date on the calendar now I think about him and you even more. I look at my kiddo and can't even imagine, but I know what a difference 14 months makes at this age. I look at my nephew with only a few months difference and still wonder.
Love you all!!
Well, he wears the patch everyday. So when he takes it off he talks about how he can see now. And we have started to say that the Dr.'s are going to make it so that he can see even better. Though we don't think he understands what seeing better means. He will take off his glasses and say that he can see better. There is a class/tour that we can take him to. They will explain with will happen and get him prepared for it. I just need to find that card so we can get him signed up. It is hard when he doesn't seem to understand what we are saying, but we are saying it anyway. It is hard to have to patch him everyday. But everyone has been really good about it. Kids at church will ask what happened to his eye and we tell him that one eye is weak and this helps make it stronger. One girl said, "I feel bad for him." I told her not too, he gets to pretend to be a pirate if he wants. Then she seemed to feel better about it.
Post a Comment