That screen has lasted us four and a half years, lots of nieces and
nephews almost plowing through it, some adults almost plowing through
it, small children leaning on it. But this week it lost to our seven
year old and a pair of scissors.
When I was 2 I pushed on the screen-less storm door to open it and after years of it being slammed the glass decided to shatter. A large shard of glass cut through my wrist and severed my main artery into my hand. At least there were no major human injuries :)
My cousin did something like that at my Grandparent's house. They put a mesh metal screen over it afterwards so no one else would do that, we all called it a Brock Catcher. I think my cousin Brock broke his arm, but there was probably some glass damage, not nearly as bad as yours! Crazy things these doors.
2 comments:
When I was 2 I pushed on the screen-less storm door to open it and after years of it being slammed the glass decided to shatter. A large shard of glass cut through my wrist and severed my main artery into my hand. At least there were no major human injuries :)
Cara,
My cousin did something like that at my Grandparent's house. They put a mesh metal screen over it afterwards so no one else would do that, we all called it a Brock Catcher. I think my cousin Brock broke his arm, but there was probably some glass damage, not nearly as bad as yours! Crazy things these doors.
Lisa
Post a Comment