Monday, May 17, 2010

Reading Reading Reading

For Mother's Day the kids each gave me 2 books. I read all four books in a week. Sunday to Sunday. It was a happy week. Now I am sad that I don't exactly have anything to read. Though I do need to step up my Harry Potter reading challenge. I think that one will be better tackled once school is out, *crossing fingers*.

So the books I read this week were:

1. Band of Sisters by Annette Lyon. I really liked this book. I enjoyed reading about other people who were "new" to a group and all of them felt like they didn't belong, but they all ended up being a vital member of the group. I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed! Highly recommended.

2. Imprints by Rachel Ann Nunes. I had a hard time with the book since the main character can "read" memories off of objects. I don't really believe that those kinds of things can happen. It was an enjoyable story once I just took it as complete fiction. It got me wanting to be more natural and more of a "locavore." Somewhat recommended.

3. Courting Miss Lancaster by Sarah M. Eden. I was afraid I wouldn't like this story very much as I don't seem to be as big of a fan of Jane Austin as most people I know and the Author is a HUGE fan. I did get into the language and was able to enjoy it thoroughly, though it could have been longer. Maybe a sequel? Recommended.

4. Dangerous Connections by Julie Coulter Bellon. Another one that I wished was longer, again hoping for a sequel. It did seem a little predictable but I still enjoyed finding out how much I was able to figure out on my own. I love a mystery/love story. Recommended.

No comments: