Saturday, March 6, 2010

Varried Futures

I am sitting here wishing people would put things on their blogs so that I could have something to read online. Then I realized that I haven't posted in a long time. So maybe I should give others something to read when they want to kill time :D

The other day on the drive home the kids were talking again about what they want to be when they grow up. Libby was saying that she either wants to be a hairstylist or a scientist. Mike says that reminds him of when I told him at one point I either wanted to be a math teacher or a hairstylist myself. She also mentioned that when she was student of the week she had a substitute teacher who told her that when she becomes a hairstylist she would come to her. Libby mentioned that she was considering changing her mind but she doesn't want to let that sub down!

They got talking about their options and some things that came up were:
-A dog trainer
-A train caboose
-A dinosaur trainer
But it was mentioned with the dinosaur trainer that you shouldn't let him eat you, especially if he was hairy. (Wow!)
It was also mentioned that they don't know anything about training dogs but they could probably learn how to train dogs.

I hope that my kids keep their options open. They are always adding to their options. I also love that their options are so varied. Kids, if you ever read this then I want you to know that you can be WHATEVER you want.

No comments: