Just for kicks I thought I would put this in another location so people know a little bit about my family History. Which is family history for several of you who read this. If you know, you don't need to read, if you don't care, you don't need to read. It is mainly for me.
So . . .
Back in 1781 Sidney Becton was born.
She had a daughter named Martha (B 1802)
Martha had a daughter named Rachel Sidney (B 1831)
Rachel's daughter was Elizabeth Sidney (B 1860)
Elizabeth's daughter was Mattie "B" (B 1880, 100 years before me and she was my Great Grandmother)
Mattie's had six childern. Two of which were Elizabeth Sidney (Aunt Syd, B 1909) and Marguerite (Marge, My grandma, B 1915)
Aunt Syd's daughter was Elizabeth (B 1952). She was good friends with my mom. She always said that she was going to have a daughter and name her Rachel Sidney to go back to the "original" name. She never got to so my mom (Daughter of Marge) passed the name on to me.
Since I have been aware of this I knew that my first daughter would be Elizabeth Sidney and my second would be Rachel Sidney. Originally Libby was going to go by Syd and Sidney would be Rachel. My brother sorta beat me to that and named his daughter Rachel so I got to use my other favorite name as Libby's nickname. It all works out. But this is all cool to me as it goes back at least to 1781, almost exactly 200 years before I was born.
1 comment:
Congrats on your new daughter! I loved reading the name history as we chose to name one of our twins Sydney Elizabeth. I did not have the name to pass on but it made me happy to use a family name too.
Post a Comment